Jesse & Megan Larson – Pawlet
Jesse and Megan were heating their home in Pawlet with propane— costing $500 a month during winter.
“The boiler would just be running constantly,” said Megan.
Now a small fire in their woodstove heats the whole house. “It keeps us warm enough without turning the gas on all the time.”
Jesse agreed, “It just makes sense, the economics of it.”
- Insulation in the basement, attic and walls
- Sealing air leaks
- Adding small insert fireplace
- More comfortable home
- Contractor found hidden roof issues that, if left hidden, would have caused major damage down the road
- Saving money
- Initial energy costs $2,000/yr
- Projected energy savings 38%/yr
- Annual savings $947/yr
Costs and Incentives
- Improvement cost $4,640
- Incentives – $2,500
- Out of pocket $2,140
Payback Period – 2.25 years
These numbers reflect actual expenses and incentives available at the time. Check efficiencyvermont.com for current incentives.