17 Available Cash Incentives for Energy Efficiency Upgrades in Vermont
1. Home Performance with ENERGY STAR: Up to $2,000 custom incentive
This incentive covers insulation, air sealing, and heating and ventilation systems improvements. So, how do you know what work to do? Get a HEAT Squad Energy Audit, and we’ll walk you through the rest.
Our BPI-Certified Energy Auditor will create your home’s customized report, prioritizing insulation, air sealing, and HVAC system improvments. He will also refer you to Home Performance with ENERGY STAR Certified contractors and affordable financing.
Then, he’ll pay you a visit after the work is complete to make sure you’ve achieved the energy savings promised, and then he’ll do all the paperwork and in a few months time, you’ll be sitting cozy and snug in your home with a $2,000 check from Efficiency Vermont.
2. Advanced Power Strips: Up to $7 off with a coupon
Plug in, save energy and cash! Simple as that.
3. Dehumidifiers: $40 cash back after purchase
Extra moisture in your house provides the conditions bacteria and mold thrive in. Save $40 on your purchase of a dehumidifier and enjoy a healthier, safer, and more comfortable home.
4. Refrigerators: Up to $75 cash back after purchase
New refrigerators use LESS THAN HALF the electricity of models made before 1993. Use this $75 rebate to purchase a new fridge and enjoy lower electricity bills!
5. Smart Thermostats: Up to $150 cash back after purchase
According to Efficiency Vermont, “Almost half of monthly energy costs are controlled by your thermostat.” Use this incentive to purchase a thermostat that you can program to your schedule, reducing unnecessary heating and cooling and lowering your energy bills.
6. Pool Pumps: $600 cash back after purchase
Like fridges, new boilers are incredibly more efficient than those built before 1995- up to 50% more efficient. That means money saved on your monthly utility bills! (To those of you who are beginning to wonder how many times this post can say “save you money,” the answer is: a LOT)
2. Central Wood Pellet Furnaces & Boilers: $2,000 cash back after purchase
WHAM BAM!! $2,000 to switch to wood pellet fuel which will save me $1,500 annually compared to oil and propane fuel heating options? Yes please!
3. Heat Pump Heating & Cooling System: up to $800 off at time of purchase
Now, I don’t know if you’ve heard the latest on Heat Pumps, but they’re pretty remarkable. And, if you’re like most Vermonters, you probably never dreamed you’d have air conditioning- let alone air conditioning that doesn’t send your electrical bills skyrocketing while cooling a single room. Read more about Heat Pumps on our blog post.
4. Heat Pump Water Heaters: $600 cash back after purchase
Did you know that heating your water costs the typical Vermonter $400 a YEAR? Heat Pump Water Heaters can often cut that number in half. And, BONUS, they also air condition and dehumidify the space around them! Killing two birds with one stone, or planting two plants with one seed, whichever way you want to look at it!
5. High-Performance Circulator Pumps: Up to $600 off at time of purchase
If you’re anything like me, you probably read that name and said …. What? These guys are what help your hot water boiler system move the water around the house. So, if you’ve got a boiler system, this can be a major cost savings because it doesn’t operate at full capacity all the time- just when you want it to.
6. Solar Water Heaters: $950 cash back after purchase
Phew, this name is pretty explanatory. These use the sun to heat your water up, and they do it incredibly efficiently.
1. Clothes Dryers: up to $400 cash back after purchase
So, we all realize (I hope), that the most cost-effective clothes dryer is the sun. But in Vermont, unless you have 3 weeks to spare waiting for you clothes to dry, this isn’t always an option. These energy efficient dryers can save you money, whether you wash your laundry once a week or once a month.
2. Clothes Washers: up to $75 cash back after purchase
These are pretty cool- they not only save you money on energy costs but also your water bill AND they wash your clothes better! Triple whammy!
Just to sweeten the pot a little more, there are a bunch of super efficient lighting options:
1. LED ENERGY STAR Downlights: $2.95 special in-store pricing
2. LED ENERGY STAR Fixtures: $2.95 special in-store pricing
3. LEDs: $.95 special in-store pricing